Porbidang Kangkong is a popular dish in Bacolod made with kangkong leaves cooked in chillies and coconut milk.
- Separate kangkong leaves and stems, chop the stems into smaller pieces.
- In a wok sauté garlic and shallots in medium heat.
- Add chillies, stir fry for 30 seconds.
- Pour the coconut milk and add the pork cube, turn heat to high then bring it to a boil, let it boil until it slightly thickens and starts to render coconut oil.
- Add the chopped stems, simmer for 90 seconds uncovered
- Add the leaves then continue to simmer for one more minute.
- Pour the coconut cream then simmer for one more minute, season with fish sauce then serve garnished with lots fried garlic on top.