Salt Pepper Spare Ribs is a Chinese dish of deep fried pork spare ribs seasoned with chilli peppers, salt and five spice powder.
- 750g pork ribs, cut into sections
- oil, for deep frying
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 stalk spring onions, chopped
- 2 green chilli peppers, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli pepper, finely chopped
- ground white pepper
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 tsp five spice powder
- 2 tbsp oil
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a large bowl then add the pork, mix it well using your hands and let it marinate for at least 15 minutes.
- Add the all the coating ingredients onto the bowl then mix it again with your hands.
- Prepare a deep fryer set it to 180C the deep fry pork until they are cooked and turn golden brown. Remove pork from the fryer then drain excess oil.
- Prepare a wok, add a small amount of oil then sauté your garlic, shallot, spring onions and chillies once it’s all fragrant, lower the heat then add the cooked pork. Toss to combine flavours then season with salt and ground white pepper, turn off heat then serve.