Spaghetti in White Bean Sauce is a dish made with spaghetti noodles served with a creamy sauce made with mashed white beans mixed with cream, cheese and garlic.
- spaghetti noodles, cooked according to packet instructions
- 2 cups cooked white beans, mashed
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 white onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp butter
- Parmigiano-Reggiano, for serving
- In a large sauce pan add butter then sauté garlic and onion, cook in low heat until onions are soft.
- Add the flour and mix well, making sure all the butter is absorbed by the flour.
- Gently pour the chicken stock while continuously mixing.
- Add the cream, mashed white beans, parsley and red pepper flakes. Mix well and let it simmer for 5 minutes in low heat or until sauce thickens.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Pour sauce on top of cooked pasta then stop with generous amounts of Parmigiano-Reggiano.