Blueberry Creme Brulee is a custard dessert with blueberries prepared by water bath baking then finished by torching sugar crystals on top
- 2 cups full cream
- 1/2 cup fresh milk
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp good quality vanilla
- 8 egg yolks
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- In a mixing bowl whisk together egg yolks, cream, milk, sugar and vanilla, mix it well until sugar has completely dissolved.
- Strain custard using a fine sieve into 6 ramekins. Top it with blueberries
- Prepare your water bath, set oven to 110C
- Place your ramekins on the water bath then bake for 1 hour, remove from oven and let it cool.
- Just before serving, sprinkle around 1 tbsp of sugar on top, then place on a 240C preheated oven on grill setting until sugar on top melt.