Steak in Mushroom Miso Sauce is a simple steak of beef that uses a popular Japanese ingredient to flavour its gravy, the miso
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a bowl then brush it over steak and asparagus. Set it aside.
- In a pan using medium heat add oil then cook the mushrooms for 2 minutes. In a small bowl mix together chicken stock, cornstarch, shiro miso paste and sugar then pour it into the pan, bring it to a boil then cook over low heat until it thickens, season with freshly ground black pepper. Set it aside.
- Grill your steak according to your liking, once cooked let steaks rest for 5 minutes.
- Grill the asparagus for 90 seconds on each side.
- Slice your steaks, place on a plate, top it with sauce, garnish with chopped chives then serve grilled asparagus on the side.