Butternut Squash and Chorizo Salad
With chunky butternut squash and chorizo pieces this is one of the meatiest and filling salads you will ever have. A perfect combination of different textures and flavours from the sweet soft creamy nutty squash, meaty spicy savoury chorizo, fresh crisp spinach, tangy juicy sweet cherry tomatoes down to the sweet sour smoky maple dressing this salad has everything to offer.
This is one of my favourite salads, it’s a complete meal on its own and it does not lack on any flavour. How about you what is your favourite salad?
- 1 small butternut squash, cubed
- 1 red onion, roughly chopped
- 3 pcs chorizo, sliced
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes
- 100g baby spinach
- ½ tsp cumin
- olive oil
- Place butternut squash in a baking tray lined with baking paper, drizzle olive oil on top then lightly season with salt and cumin. Bake in a 180C preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Add the chorizo and onion then continue to roast for 10 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes then continue to roast for 10 minutes. Let it cool down to room temperature.
- Prepare your dressing by whisking all ingredients together, set aside.
- Place fresh baby spinach on the bottom of a serving platter, top it with the roasted salad then drizzle with the maple dressing. Serve.