Butternut Squash and Chorizo Salad is a salad prepared with roasted butternut, onions, chorizo and tomatoes dressed with maple viniagrette
- 1 small butternut squash, cubed
- 1 red onion, roughly chopped
- 3 pcs chorizo, sliced
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes
- 100g baby spinach
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- olive oil
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- Place butternut squash in a baking tray lined with baking paper, drizzle olive oil on top then lightly season with salt and cumin. Bake in a 180C preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Add the chorizo and onion then continue to roast for 10 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes then continue to roast for 10 minutes. Let it cool down to room temperature.
- Prepare your dressing by whisking all ingredients together, set aside.
- Place fresh baby spinach on the bottom of a serving platter, top it with the roasted salad then drizzle with the maple dressing. Serve.
Now this is a salad that would please the two of us, lots of veggies for me and chorizo for my husband.
Well this looks good! I make something similar with butternut and Mexican chorizo, but have never thought of using Spanich chorizo. Great salad!