Kamote Muffins is a type of muffin made with Sweet Potatoes and topped with Pili Nut strussel, it was first seen here at Ang Sarap
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup mashed steamed sweet potato
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 large steamed sweet potato, cubed
- 1/3 cup flour
- 3 tbsp butter, softened
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped pili nuts or pecans
- 3 tbsp white sugar
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl beat the eggs, add the sour cream and oil.
- Add the mashed sweet potatoes, brown sugar and vanilla and mix it well.
- Gently add the sifted flour mixture, mixing gently until everything is well incorporated.
- Place in a 12-pc lined muffin pan then set aside.
- In a separate bowl, using your hand mix flour, butter, pili nuts and white sugar together. It will be wet and crumbly.
- Top each prepared muffin batter with sweet potato cubes and the flour-butter mix.
- Bake in a 180C preheated oven and bake for 20-23 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.