Honey Mustard Chicken Bacon Avocado Salad
Chicken, avocado, bacon, tomato and honey mustard, it has all the elements to make any green salad good. Its sweet, its savoury, its tangy, its refreshing, its crispy, it is totally amazing. This must have been the best salad I ever made at home, in fact I had a huge serving of it when I made it. A full meal on its own, it’s very filling as you have your basic food elements represented here apart from carbs.
The grilled chicken can be made with any flavour you like on this one and it will still taste amazing, for me what I did was just a simple honey soy garlic marinade with a hint of chilli, with this flavour you can’t go wrong. How about you if you are making this salad what flavour of chicken would you prefer?
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp honey
- ⅓ cup bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 12 pcs cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 large avocado, pitted and sliced
- ⅓ cup corn kernels
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- honey mustard dressing
- In a bowl combine all chicken ingredients apart from the honey and let it marinate for 30 minutes.
- Prepare a grill then grill chicken until cooked, on the last two minutes drizzle the honey. Remove chicken from the grill then set aside to cool down, once it cooled down slice the chicken.
- Toss salad ingredients together except for the honey mustard and, place on a serving platter, top with chicken breast and dress it with honey mustard dressing and sprinkle bacon on top.