Stir Fried Bok Choy and Tofu
I think I don’t need an explanation on what this dish is as it is one of the most common Asian vegetable dish, it is also my go to vegetable side dish if I am lazy and out of ideas. It’s quite simple to make and you don’t need a MasterChef to prepare this, with today’s easy access to already deep fried tofu all you need is your greens and some seasonings to cook this. As the name suggest, Stir Fried Bok Choy and Tofu is a dish made with those two ingredients stir fried together with a sauce flavoured with oyster sauce and soy sauce.
- In a bowl combine together oyster sauce, soy sauce, sugar, vegetable or chicken stock and corn-starch, mix well then set aside.
- Place wok in stove top over high heat, add oil then gently pan fry the tofu. Remove tofu then set it aside.
- Add and sauté shallot, garlic and ginger
- Add the tofu back together with the bok choy, stir fry for 30 seconds on high heat.
- Pour the prepared sauce, bring it to a boil and let it thicken.
- Drizzle some sesame oil on top, season with fish sauce and ground white pepper then serve.