Stir Fried Bok Choy and Tofu is a dish made with those two ingredients stir fried together with a sauce flavoured with oyster sauce and soy sauce.
- 2 bunches bok choy, cleaned and trimmed
- 12 pcs small blocks fried tofu
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 cup vegetable or chicken stock
- 2 tbsp corn-starch
- 1 tsp sugar
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 thumb sized ginger, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- fish sauce or sea salt
- ground white pepper
- sesame oil
- In a bowl combine together oyster sauce, soy sauce, sugar, vegetable or chicken stock and corn-starch, mix well then set aside.
- Place wok in stove top over high heat, add oil then gently pan fry the tofu. Remove tofu then set it aside.
- Add and sauté shallot, garlic and ginger
- Add the tofu back together with the bok choy, stir fry for 30 seconds on high heat.
- Pour the prepared sauce, bring it to a boil and let it thicken.
- Drizzle some sesame oil on top, season with fish sauce and ground white pepper then serve.
Ubiquitous for good reason!
Terrific and easy. I made this as written, just added sliced onion and used sliced portabella mushrooms in place of shiitakes. The sauce was perfect; not too runny and not too thick. I loved this with the tofu, but if you have meat-lovers, you could easily used chicken or pork or fish instead. Happy Chinese New Year! Thanks for sharing!
I’ve become a huge bok choy fan and my local market always has organic baby bok choy. This is going to make a wonderful meatless dish for us this week. thanks Raymund!