Gyusuji Nikomi is a Japanese dish made with beef tendons and konnyaku stewed for a long time until it is very tender and melts in your mouth.
- Prepare a pot with boiling water then add the beef tendons and beef brisket, bring back to a boil and continue for 5 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold running water scrubbing out any scum. Do the same thing with the konnyaku as well.
- Place beef tendons in a clean pot then around 4 cups of water and a bit of salt, bring to a boil then simmer in low heat for 1 1/2 hours.
- Add the beef brisket, carrots, konnyaku, dashi stock, sake, soy sauce, miso, sugar and mirin. Bring back to a boil then simmer in low heat for 45 minutes, bring. Bring back heat to high and simmer without cover, continue for 15 minutes or until the sauce becomes thick.
- Adjust taste with salt and sugar if needed, it should be a good balance of sweet and salty then turn off the heat.
- Place in serving bowls then sprinkle chopped spring onions on top.