Creamy Chopseuy is a dish of stir fried mixed vegetables infused with creamy ingredients like chicken liver, quail eggs and a creamy sauce made with mushroom soup
- 1/4 head large cabbage, sliced
- 1 broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 large carrots sliced thinly
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 red capsicum (bell pepper), sliced
- 10 pcs button mushroom, sliced
- 15 pcs boiled quail eggs, shelled
- 150 g chicken liver, sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp corn-starch (dissolved in ¼ cup water)
- 2 cups mushroom soup (can or home-made)
- 1 tbsp sugar
- freshly ground black pepper
- Boil 6 cups of water in a small pot, add broccoli and boil for 2 minutes, drain then rinse in running cold water. Set it aside.
- Season chicken liver with salt and freshly ground black pepper, set it aside.
- Heat up a wok in a very high heat, add oil and let it reach near its smoking point. Add chicken livers and brown it on all sides. Remove liver from wok then set it aside.
- Add more oil into the wok if needed then sauté garlic and onion.
- Add carrots, celery and mushrooms then continue to stir fry in high heat for 2 minutes.
- Add cooked liver, cabbage, red capsicum then continue to stir fry in high heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the broccoli then stir fry for one more minute.
- Pour mushroom soup and add the sugar then bring it to a boil, mix it well to distribute the sauce evenly then season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Remove from wok then serve.
This is amazing I love your version it’s full of flavour and texture. Great addition of the quail eggs and liver Raymund and your vegetables are so fresh. I wish I was eating this now but will try to recreate it as well as you. Thanks for sharing 8)
Mmm! This looks so fresh and clean!
My girl’s favourite, quail eggs. I do enjoy them too.