Crispy Sisig is a dish famous in the Philippines made with chopped crispy pork skin, fat and meat seasoned with vinegar and chillies served on a hot plate.
- Rub baking soda directly on the pork skin then generously season pork with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place pork in a baking rack with dripping tray and roast in a 160C pre heated oven for 2 hours.
- Increase the heat to 180C and continue to roast for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until skin turns golden brown and crispy.
- Remove from oven and let it cool. Once cool enough to handle chop into small pieces then place in a large bowl.
- Add 1/4 cup of the calamansi juice, soy sauce, onion and chillies into the bowl then toss to combine. Season with salt.
- Using a hot plate or a heavy pan add oil then sauté garlic and ginger, add the seasoned chopped pork and toss to mix. Let it sizzle then serve. Drizzle remaining calamansi juice, season with freshly ground black pepper and top with raw egg.