Frango com Quiabo or Chicken with Okra is typical South-eastern Brazilian dish, especially popular in Minas Gerais and Rio de Janeiro.
- Season chicken with salt and freshly ground black pepper, rub it with the red wine vinegar and half of the minced garlic. Set aside for 30 minutes.
- In a pot heat oil then brown the chicken pieces on all sides, remove chicken from the pot then set aside.
- Sauté remaining garlic and onions on the same pot, add the tomatoes and chilli and continue to cook until tomatoes are soft.
- Add the chicken back then pour the chicken stock. Bring to a boil then simmer for 25 minutes.
- Add the sweet potatoes then continue to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the okra and continue to simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper then serve with rice.