Pata con Setas is a Spanish inspired Filipino dish prepared with pork hock and chorizo slowly cooked on tomato bases sauce
- 1 1/2 pork leg, cut into smaller sections
- 2–3 pcs chorizo, sliced
- 400 g can cannellini beans, drained
- 400 g can chopped tomatoes
- 4 tbsp tomato paste
- 3 cups water
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 pcs bay leaf
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bunch bok choy, trimmed and blanched
- In a large pot add oil then sauté garlic and onions.
- Add pork leg and lightly brown all sides.
- Add the chorizo, paprika and 1 tbsp of the tomato paste, stir and cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour water, chopped tomatoes and add the bay leaf, bring to a boil then simmer in low heat for 1 hour and 30 minutes. Check liquid levels once in a while and add more water if needed.
- Add the cannellini beans and the remaining tomato paste, simmer for 15 more minutes, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper then serve with blanched bok choy on the side.