Stir Fried Mushrooms and Vegetables is a simple stir fry of mixed mushrooms like shiitake, straw and white button cooked alongside vegetables.
- 6 pcs shiitake mushrooms, rehydrated
- 12 pcs straw mushrooms
- 12 pcs white button mushrooms
- 8 pcs squid balls, sliced in half
- 1 cup sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 400 g can young corn
- 2 stalks celery
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 tbsp corn-starch mixed in 1/4 cup water
- 2 tsp sugar
- fish sauce
- Heat a large wok over high heat, add oil and once its hot cook the squid ball. Set it aside.
- Sauté garlic and shallots, then add all the mushrooms. Stir fry for 2 minutes
- Add the carrot, young corn and celery then stir fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the sugar snap peas then stir fry for 2 more minutes.
- Pour in the chicken stock together with the corn-starch mixture, bring to a boil and once the sauce thickens mix it well to distribute the sauce well.
- Add sesame oil and sugar then season with fish sauce, give it another gentle mix then turn off heat then serve.