Shaking Beef or Bò Lúc Lắc is a French-inspired Vietnamese dish of cubed steak of beef served with vegetables such as cucumber, tomatoes, red onions, Thai basil and/or salad greens.
- 750 g beef sirloin, cut into small cubes
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 120 g baby spinach bag
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- Mix marinade ingredients together, add the beef marinate for at least two hours.
- Combine all dressing ingredient together then add the sliced red onions, set aside.
- Heat a large wok over high heat, add oil then once it reaches the smoking point add the beef, do not overcrowd so do it in batches if your wok is not big enough. Sear for 1-2 minutes on each side then set it aside, once it’s all seared on all sides, shake it to fully cook. Remove from wok then set aside.
- Place spinach leaves on a serving platter topped with tomatoes, cooked beef then the onions. Drizzle some dressing liquid from the pickled onion then serve.