Linagpang na Bangus
Linagpang na Bangus is a simple dish of char-grilled fish then boiled on a simple soup of onions and tomatoes. It might sound so bland but the grilling process gives it a good flavour boost, it’s a good dish to make with leftover grilled fish but if you don’t have leftovers you can force yourself to grill the fish for the sake of making this wonderful humble dish.
Back home dishes like this is quite common where leftovers are given its second life, like grilled or fried meats re-used in soups, unused cooked pasta on sopas, fried fish revived with eggs and tomatoes and our recipe for today.
- 2 large bangus, char-grilled, whole or sliced into sections
- 2 large red onions, sliced
- 4 large tomatoes, sliced
- 4 stalks spring onions, chopped whites and greens separated
- 3 cups boiling water
- fish sauce
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a pot combine boiling water, white sections of spring onions, tomatoes and red onion. Bring back to a boil and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the bangus then simmer for 10 more minutes in very low heat.
- Season with fish sauce and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve in bowl, garnish with green sections of spring onions then serve.