Linagpang na Bangus is a simple dish of char-grilled fish then boiled on a simple soup of onions and tomatoes.
- 2 large bangus, char-grilled, whole or sliced into sections
- 2 large red onions, sliced
- 4 large tomatoes, sliced
- 4 stalks spring onions, chopped whites and greens separated
- 3 cups boiling water
- fish sauce
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a pot combine boiling water, white sections of spring onions, tomatoes and red onion. Bring back to a boil and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the bangus then simmer for 10 more minutes in very low heat.
- Season with fish sauce and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve in bowl, garnish with green sections of spring onions then serve.
Wow. This looks full of flavor and healthy — the perfect dish. Thanks!
It reminds me a little of bouillabaisse but with a smokey goodness.
Wow, that looks really good. It’s almost like dinengdeng from Pangasinan. I miss inihaw na bangus, I don’t think merong matitira if I’m the one eating it 😉