Asadong Pork Giniling with Quail Egg and Mushroom
This dish reminds me of those carinderia dishes that are affordable, back home when I used to work in Makati I uses to eat on one of those near Arnaiz Avenue, it’s not a posh place but they do serve some simple and very affordable good dishes like this.
Honestly I don’t really know how they made this in that carinderia but I will try to recreate this to most of my knowledge. Asadong Pork Giniling with Quail Egg and Mushroom is a simple dish of minced pork cooked in sweet savoury style thick sauce prepared with quail eggs, mushrooms and spring onions, its simplicity at its best, try it I am sure you will like the simple flavours this dish have to offer.
- 500 g minced pork, 20% fat
- 15 pcs quail eggs, boiled and shelled
- 8 pcs farmers brown mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ cup oyster sauce
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 pcs star anise
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tbsp corn-starch, diluted in ¼ cup water
- 3 stalks spring onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small white onion, minced
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a wok add oil then sauté garlic and onions.
- Add minced pork and cook until light brown in colour.
- Add the mushrooms, oyster sauce, soy sauce, star anise, sugar and chicken stock, give it a good mix then bring to a boil then simmer in low heat for 15 minutes while covered.
- Add the diluted corn-starch and quail eggs, mix then simmer until sauce thickens.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, add the spring onions and serve with freshly cooked jasmine rice.