- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 cups flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 6 pcs anchovy fillets
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp capers, drained
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 500 g squid, cleaned
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp orange zest
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 150 g mixed greens
- 1 small rock melon, cubed
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- Using a food processor pulse together flat-leaf parsley, anchovies, garlic, capers and red onion until finely chopped.
- Add the olive oil then continue to process until becomes a puree.
- Add the red wine vinegar, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper then mix to combine, set this aside.
- In a non-reactive bowl combine lemon zest, orange zest, red pepper flakes, olive oil and salt, mix it well then toss in the squid to marinate for at least an hour.
- Prepare a grill, put heat to high then grill the squid until cooked, this will take roughly 3-4 minutes on each side depending on how large your squid is. Once cooked remove from the grill then slice them.
- Toss sliced squid in half of the salsa verde then set aside.
- Whisk together olive oil, lemon juice and salt.
- Toss in the mixed greens, celery and melon.
- Toss in the seasoned grilled squid.
- Transfer salad on serving platters then serve with salsa verde on the side.