Dinaldalem is an Ilocano dish prepared with pork meat, pork liver, chickpeas and red capsicum cooked in soy sauce and vinegar.
- 650g pork belly, diced (small)
- 250g pork liver, diced (small)
- 1 large red capsicum, diced
- 1 400g can chickpeas
- 1½ cup cane vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 pcs bay leaves
- 1 tbsp cracked peppercorns
- 2 tsp sugar
- fish sauce
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 thumb sized ginger, finely chopped
- Marinate pork liver in ½ cup cane vinegar for an hour, mixing every 15 minutes.
- In a pot heat oil and sauté garlic, ginger and onions. Cook until onions are soft.
- Add pork meat then continue stir frying in high heat.
- Once the meat is not pink in colour. Add chickpeas, vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, peppercorn and bay leaves bring to a boil and simmer for 25 minutes in medium heat uncovered, let the liquid evaporate.
- Drain the liquid from the liver. Set aside.
- Add capsicum and liver, simmer for additional 5 minutes.
- Adjust flavour with water if necessary, flavour with fish sauce. Serve with freshly cracked peppercorns.