- Rub the potatoes lightly with olive oil, pierce sides with fork to allow steam to escape then place them in a foil lined baking sheet and bake in a 200C preheated oven for an hour.
- Remove from oven then let it cool for 15 minutes.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet until crispy, once cooked then chop it into bits to be used as a topping.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise, scoop out the middle leaving 1/4 inch of flesh then brush surface with olive oil. Reserve scooped out potatoes for other use.
- Set the oven to broil. Place a tablespoon of cheese and some bacon bits on top of each potato halves. Broil until cheese is bubbling.
- Remove potato from the oven then top each it with a heaping tablespoon of sour cream, sprinkle chopped chives on top then serve.