Mediterranean Seafood Pasta is a type of pasta dish prepared with Mediterranean flavours such as sun-dried tomatoes, capers, wine and lemon served with prawns and calamari.
- 500 g spaghetti noodles
- 400 g prawns, peeled and deveined
- 2 pcs medium squid, sliced
- 12 pcs button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 cup capers
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup white wine
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 pcs shallots, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- red chilli flakes
- freshly ground black pepper
- olive oil
- Under cook pasta for 2 minutes according to packet instructions. Drain keeping 1/2 cup of liquid then set aside.
- Season prawns and squid with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place a heavy pan on stove top over medium heat then lightly cook prawns and squid, set cooked seafood aside.
- Using the same pan add more olive oil then sauté shallots and garlic. Cook in low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for a minute.
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes, capers and white wine. Stir to combine, bring to a light boil.
- Add cooked pasta and butter, toss well. Drizzle the lemon juice on top.
- Add the cooked prawns and squid, toss then turn off heat. Season with red chilli flakes, salt and freshly ground black pepper