Mediterranean Seafood Pasta
Mediterranean Seafood Pasta is a type of pasta dish prepared with Mediterranean flavours such as sun-dried tomatoes, capers, wine and lemon served with prawns and calamari. This dish is so simple yet so delicious, its heaven in a plate with the flavours of the sea married with earthy mushrooms plus the tangy salty lemony unique flavours of Southern Europe what more can you ask for.
Like most Italian dishes we will keep it as simple as possible, basic but very tasty ingredients give life to this down to earth dish.
- 500 g spaghetti noodles
- 400 g prawns, peeled and deveined
- 2 pcs medium squid, sliced
- 12 pcs button mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
- ¼ cup capers
- 3 tbsp butter
- ¼ cup white wine
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 pcs shallots, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- red chilli flakes
- freshly ground black pepper
- olive oil
- Under cook pasta for 2 minutes according to packet instructions. Drain keeping ½ cup of liquid then set aside.
- Season prawns and squid with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place a heavy pan on stove top over medium heat then lightly cook prawns and squid, set cooked seafood aside.
- Using the same pan add more olive oil then sauté shallots and garlic. Cook in low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for a minute.
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes, capers and white wine. Stir to combine, bring to a light boil.
- Add cooked pasta and butter, toss well. Drizzle the lemon juice on top.
- Add the cooked prawns and squid, toss then turn off heat. Season with red chilli flakes, salt and freshly ground black pepper