- 1 kg chicken wings (wing section and drumettes)
- oil for deep frying
- 1 tbsp red chilli paste
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup fine bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- freshly ground black pepper
- Mix all marinade ingredients then marinate chicken in this mixture overnight.
- In a bowl combine beaten eggs and cornstarch, mix well until even in texture
- In a large container that you can cover combine flour, bread crumbs, cayenne pepper, salt and freshly ground black pepper, set it aside.
- Dip marinated wings into the cornstarch mixture, making sure chicken is coated evenly
- Place chicken into the container with flour mixture, do not over crowd. Cover the container then shake to coat the chicken evenly. Do it with the remaining chicken pieces.
- Prepare a deep fryer, set it to 180C. Deep fry chicken wings for 10-12 minutes or until cooked and crispy. Remove from fryer and drain excess oil before serving.
Don’t you just love chicken wings? And yours look SO good. Hot and spicy? Yes, please. 🙂
Now that is way more appealing to me then a soggy sauced wing, love the scipe with a cruncy coating.
They look extra crispy and I like the spiciness of them.