Creamy Beef Broccoli and Portobello Pasta like the name suggests is a pasta made with sliced beef steaks, Portobello mushrooms and broccoli on pasta served with cream sauce.
- 500 g fettuccine
- 750 g 1-inch thick beef steaks (sirloin, eye fillet or scotch fillet)
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 6 pcs Portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 200 ml cream
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp butter
- freshly ground black pepper
- olive oil
- Cook broccoli florets in boiling water for 90 seconds, drain then rinse with running cold water. Set aside.
- Season beef steaks with salt and pepper then sear and cook your steaks on a heavy skillet 3 minutes on each side, set aside and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Undercook fettuccine by two minutes according to packet instructions, drain then set aside.
- Slice beef into thin slices, then set aside. Keep the juices.
- In a large pan melt butter in low heat then sauté onions until transparent, add the garlic and continue to sauté for a minute.
- Add a bit of olive oil then add the mushrooms, fry until mushrooms are slightly browned on the edges.
- Add the wine and reserved beef juiced then simmer gently for 2 minutes.
- Pour the stock then bring to a boil, add the parmesan cheese and simmer to slightly thicken sauce.
- Add the sliced beef, broccoli and pasta, mix it well then pour the cream. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper then serve.