Choco Crinkles or Chocolate Crinkles are a variation of the chocolate cookies where its texture and appearance are its main characteristics, its soft fudge-like chocolate cake in texture and have that distinctive powdered sugar coating.
- In a bowl combine together cocoa powder, sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Mix flour mixture into the cocoa mixture, place in a covered container and refrigerate overnight.
- Place powdered sugar in a deep dish.
- Remove dough from the fridge and place it on the freezer 30 minutes before shaping. Pinch a piece of dough roughly the size of a large tablespoon. Using your hands shape them into balls you can also flatten them, roll it in powdered sugar then place them in a baking pan.
- Bake in a 170C preheated oven for 12-15 minutes.
- Note: Make sure you are doing this in a cool environment, as much as possible chill every utensil you will use as this is the key to a perfect round crinkle. To keep it cool when on the baking pan I used a cold damp towel that was soaked in chilled water and place it under the baking pan.