Yema is a type of soft candy in the Philippines made from egg yolks and condensed milk. It is perhaps the most popular candy back home and most of the kids during the old days most probably have this on their favourites list.
- 1 can condensed milk
- 8 egg yolks
- ¼ cup roughly chopped peanuts,
- 2 tbsp butter
- white sugar, to coat
- Melt butter in sauce pan then pour condensed milk, cook in low heat for 5 minutes
- Add egg yolks while continuously mixing for 2 minutes
- Add peanuts, bring heat to medium then continue to stir for 20 minutes or until mixture becomes very thick.
- Place white sugar in a plate
- Remove from heat and let it cool. Once cooled down pinch a small ball from the mixture then shape them into balls and roll into the plate with sugar to coat.