Creamy Tuscan Chicken is a simple but very richly flavoured dish made with chicken cooked and served with a creamy garlic sauce with spinach and sun dried tomatoes this thing is heaven on a plate.
- 1 kg chicken thighs, cut into sections
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes
- 1 cup cream
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a large skillet add olive oil then cook and brown chicken on both sides. This might take 5-6 minutes per side depending on how thick your chickens are. Remove from the skillet then set it aside.
- Add the garlic and white onion then sauté for 2 minutes.
- Pour the cream and chicken stock together with parmesan cheese, dried basil, dried oregano, dried parsley, dried thyme, dried rosemary and red pepper flakes. Whisk the sauce while cooking until it starts to thicken.
- Add the spinach and sun dried tomatoes then simmer until spinach is wilted.
- Add the chicken back then simmer for one more minute. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Wowwwww!!!! Parmesan and all those herbs! This must be really good!!!
The herbs in this dish really open up one’s palate. And the sun dried tomatoes is a tasty addition. I love this dish!