Hainan Chicken Chop is a dish of crispy fried chicken chop served and drenched in onion gravy with fried potatoes, tomatoes and mixed vegetables.
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 medium white onions, sliced into wedges
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp potato starch
- 4 tbsp water
- freshly ground black pepper
- 5 servings crinkle cut fries
- 3 pcs tomato, cut into wedges
- 3 cups green peas
- 3 tbsp butter
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- In a large bowl combine all marinade ingredients together, add and coat chicken with the sauce. Let chicken marinate for at least one hour.
- In a bowl lightly beat eggs, set aside.
- Place tapioca or potato starch in a large plate, set it aside.
- Prepare a wok, heat oil to 180C.
- Dip chicken in egg then into the tapioca starch to coat then deep fry chicken for 12 minutes or until cooked. Set aside cooked chicken.
- In a sauce pan add oil then sauté garlic and onions.
- Pour the Worcestershire Sauce, soy sauce, chicken stock, ketchup and sugar into the saucepan, bring it to a boil.
- Mix potato starch with water then pour into the sauce pan, simmer until sauce is thick.
- In a small sauce pan add and melt butter in low heat. Once totally melted add and toss the peas then cook in low heat for 5 minutes, Set it aside.
- Cook crinkle cut fries according to packet instructions. Set aside and sprinkle salt on top.
Bringing it all together
- Place a piece of fried chicken thigh and leg in a plate. Pour a really good amount of sauce on top (be generous), add green peas on top, place crinkle cut fried on the side then garnish with tomato wedges.