Jee Jee Marinade Chicken is a dish that I really don’t know what it’s made off, I just tried it on one of the Chinese restaurant near my work then asked a Chinese colleague what it is, surprisingly he did not know what was it as well.
- 400 g chicken fillet, thinly sliced
- 6 pcs rehydrated shiitake, thinly sliced (keep water used for rehydrating)
- 6–8 pcs dried red chillies
- 3 pcs Chinese sausage (lap cheong), thinly sliced
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
- 2 pcs shallots
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp XO Sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster Sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- In a bowl combine and mix Chinese cooking wine and cornstarch together. Add the sliced chicken and mix to coat the chicken evenly.
- In a wok heat oil then sauté shallots, ginger, garlic and chillies.
- Bring heat to really high then add the mushrooms, Chinese sausage and chicken. Stir fry for 5 minutes.
- Combine sauce ingredients together then pour into the wok, continue to stir fry for 5 more minutes or until chicken is cooked, making sure the sauce is distributed evenly. If it becomes too dry rehydrate it with some liquid used for soaking the mushrooms. Drizzle sesame oil on top then serve.