Kaldereta with Peanut Butter is a type of Kaldereta where beef, potatoes and carrots is slowly cooked in chillies, tomato and peanut butter sauce.
- 1 kg beef ribs, stewing beef or mutton, cubed
- 2 pcs medium potatoes, cubed and deep fried
- 2 medium carrots, cubed
- 1 large red capsicum, sliced
- 1 large can tomato puree
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 heaping tbsp peanut butter
- 2–4 red birds eye chillies, sliced
- 3 cups beef stock
- 3 pcs bay leaves
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- black pepper
- On a pot, heat oil and sauté garlic until crispy golden brown. Remove from pot then set it aside.
- Place onions on the pot and sauté until soft.
- Add beef / mutton and brown on all sides.
- Add beef stock and bay leaves, bring to a boil.
- Add the tomato puree and carrots then simmer for 1½ hour in very low heat or until meat is tender, add water if needed.
- Add peanut butter then continue to simmer for 15 more minutes.
- Add tomato paste, bird’s eye chillies and capsicum then simmer for additional 15 minutes.
- Att the potatoes then season with freshly ground pepper and salt. Top with the fried garlic then serve.