Soft Tofu, Mince and Peas is a simple dish of tofu, minced meat, mushrooms and vegetables in a starchy egg gravy.
Tofu and Vegetables
- 2 tube silken egg tofu or 2 blocks soft tofu, sliced
- 12 pcs straw mushrooms, sliced in half
- 200 g minced pork
- 2 cups frozen green peas, corn and carrot mix, thawed
- 2 pcs red chillies, sliced
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 egg
- white pepper
- In a wok lightly fry tofu in oil, drain then set it aside.
- Using the same wok, remove excess oil then sauté garlic.
- Add the pork mince then cook until light brown in colour.
- Add straw mushrooms then stir fry for a minute.
- Add the chicken stock, oyster sauce, light soy sauce and brown sugar, bring it to a boil.
- Add the tofu, mixed vegetables and simmer in low heat for 5 minutes.
- Mix cornstarch in 1/2 cup of water then pour it on the boiling stock to thicken.
- Pour the egg and stir it gently, then add the spring onions, chillies and sesame oil.
- Season with salt and white pepper then serve.