Crispy Dinuguan is a dish from Kanin Club made with a combination of crispy pork (probably lechon kawali and dinuguan.
- 1 kg pork belly, (1 big piece, do not slice)
- 1 whole garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp peppercorns
- 4 pcs bay leaves
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 can lemonade soda (7-Up or Sprite)
- sea salt
- oil for deep frying
- Crispy Pork
- 1½ cups pigs’ blood
- 3 cups pork stock
- 6 green finger chillies
- 1 whole garlic, minced
- ½ thumb sized ginger, minced
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 small packet sinigang mix
- 3 tbsp white vinegar
- freshly ground pepper
- Chicharon, roughly sliced
- Rub sea salt generously on pork belly then cover it tightly with a cling wrap and store in the refrigerator for at least a day.
- Rinse pork in running water making sure all salt has been cleared from the meat.
- Place pork in a pressure cooker together with the soy sauce, garlic, peppercorns, laurel leaves and lemonade soda. Now pour enough water just to cover the entire meat.
- Pressure cook for 20 to 30 minutes (Depending on the thickness of pork belly), your timing should start when the whistle starts to make sound.
- Once the pork is tender remove it from the pressure cooker and pat it dry with a paper towel.
- Now once the surface of the pork is dried place it in a covered container and refrigerate it for at least 12 hours or until it is cold.
- Prepare a wok filled with oil and heat it up, once hot place the pork carefully while cold into the hot oil, skin side down, be really careful as it will splatter.
- Deep fry the pork until golden brown, this won’t take really long and remember you just want to make the outside crisp; the inner part is already cooked.
- Once cooked, slice into cubes.
- In a pot heat oil used in cooking the pork, add garlic, onion and ginger and cook until onions turn soft.
- Add the chillies, sinigang mix, vinegar and pork stock, bring to a boil then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add pork blood then, slowly simmer for 20 minutes.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Add the crispy pork into the dinuguan sauce, mix it well.
- Place crispy dinuguan into serving bowls then top it with chicharon