Chocolate Revel Bars
Chocolate Revel Bars is a type of chewy crunchy dessert / snack made with oats, nuts, chocolates and condensed milk, it’s one of the best thing you can make with oatmeal. From the name alone you know this will be good as revel means “To take great pleasure or delight”, and that’s what you experience for every bite of this delicious treat.
I totally forgotten this bar but back in the Philippines one of my best friend who happens to own a family restaurant sells this type of dessert and we really liked it. His mom then knew about this hence every time I visit their place they give us a box containing 2 dozen of this delight he even catered this plus 200+ chicken inasal quarters as an add-on to my weddings menu. Recently a colleague of mine asked me whether I have a recipe of it which reminded me of those day, I told him no but I then hurried up and made it one weekend to share this wonderful recipe.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups oats
- 2½ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- In a mixing bowl combine butter and sugar together, mix in high speed until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla, mix further in low speed. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl combine all the remaining Bottom Layer ingredients. Combine this with the butter mixture until well incorporated. Set aside.
- Place saucepan on stove top over low heat, pour condensed milk, chocolate chips, butter and salt. Mix well and cook until smooth.
- Add the walnuts and vanilla then turn heat off.
- Place ⅔ of the oat mixture on a lightly greased 9 x 13 pan or equivalent.
- Spread condensed milk mixture on top then dot it with the remaining oat mixture.
- Place in a 180C preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven, let it cool prior to serving.