Eggnog is a type of drink or milk punch made with milk and/or cream, sugar, whipped eggs, rum and cinnamon then serve chilled, usually this is enjoyed from Thanksgiving through the end of the Christmas season
- In a saucepan combine milk, cloves, 1/4 teaspoon vanilla and cinnamon. Use the lowest fire setting and slowly heat it up and bring it to a really gentle boil.
- In a bowl whisk together egg yolks and sugar until fluffy, then slowly add the hot milk while continuously mixing.
- Put back the mixture into the saucepan then continue to cook in low heat while constantly mixing for 5 minutes or until it becomes thick.
- Using a fine sieve remove all solids then let it cool for at least an hour.
- Pour and mix the rum, cream, remaining vanilla and nutmeg then chill before serving.