Lumpiang Gulay is a type of spring roll filled with vegetables such as cabbages, carrots and green beans usually dipped in spicy vinegar.
- 1 1/2 cups sweet potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/3 head large cabbage, shredded
- 6 pcs rehydrated shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 cup green beans, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp corn-starch
- 2 tbsp water (the ones used for rehydrating the mushrooms)
- Lumpia wrapper
- 1½ cup cane vinegar
- 4 red chillies, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- Combine all Lumpiang Togue ingredient together except for the wrapper.
- Heat up a wok filled with oil for deep frying.
- Prepare one piece of lumpia wrapper, lay it with one edge pointing to your direction, place three tablespoons of the vegetable mix in the bottom part of the wrapper near the edge. Now start rolling and when it reaches third of the way fold the left and right edges to keep the contents from going outside the sides. Continue to roll until the top edge, dampen the top edge to seal.
- Deep fry immediately, do not set aside as the liquid content might make the wrapper soggy. Now continue with the remaining ingredients and make sure once you finish wrapping one cook it immediately.
- Once cooked, remove from oil then place in a paper towel lined plate to remove excess oil.
- Mix all vinegar dip ingredients together.
- Serve hot together with vinegar dip.