- 4 thick cut pork shoulder chops
- 2 large fennel bulbs, trimmed and thickly sliced
- 2 small red onions, cut into wedges
- 1 red apple, cored and cut into wedges
- 1 tbsp rosemary leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 cups baby spinach
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic, whole
- 3 tbsp butter
- olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a bowl toss and combine together fennel, onion, apple, vinegar, 1 tbsp olive oil and rosemary. Place in a baking dish then season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Roast in a 200C preheated oven for 25 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Season pork with salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in an oven proof frying pan add the garlic, cook garlic until is light brown, remove and discard the garlic.
- Place pork chops into the pan then brown both sides over very high heat, this will take 2 minutes on each side.
- Remove the vegetables in the oven, put the pork chops into the oven then roast for 5 more minutes.
- While pork is cooking toss spinach into the cooked vegetables to wilt it. Place in serving plates.
- Remove pan from the oven then add the butter, let it melt and pour it over the pork chops. Place pork chops on top of vegetables then serve.