Tinolang Shell Fish is a simple seafood soup dish made with clam, mussels and water sautéed with garlic, onions and ginger.
- 500 g mussels, cleaned
- 500 g clams, cleaned
- 1 thumb sized ginger, julienned
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch chilli leaves
- 1 bunch spinach leaves
- fish sauce
- freshly ground pepper
- In a pot sauté garlic, ginger and onions.
- Add mussels and clams then pour 5 cups of boiling water, bring to a rolling boil then simmer covered.
- Once shells are opened add the chilli and spinach leaves.
- Simmer for two more minutes then season with fish sauce and freshly ground black pepper.