Tinapa Spaghetti is a type of Filipino pasta made with tinapa, salted duck eggs, chicharon in a rich tomato based sauce over spaghetti noodles.
- 500 g dried spaghetti, cooked according to packet instructions
- 3 pcs large tinapa or equivalent amount in any smoked fish, flaked
- 1 kg Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 white onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp cane vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp rubbed basil
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- olive oil
- fish sauce
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups chicharon, coarsely crumbed
- 6 pc salted duck eggs, sliced
- chopped parsley
- Prepare a large sauce pan, add olive oil then sauté garlic and onions. Cook until onions are soft.
- Add the tomatoes, dried oregano, rubbed basil and cane vinegar, cook while mixing until soft.
- Add the flaked tinapa then simmer for 20 minutes.
- Season with fish sauce and freshly ground black pepper then simmer for 10 more minutes in low heat.
- Place pasta on serving platter top with the tinapa tomato sauce then garnish it with chicharon, salted duck eggs and chopped parsley