Most of the recipes out there uses Condensed Milk, we don’t and trust us this is the closest Cheese Pimiento to the commercially available one.
- 250 g sharp cheddar cheese, finely grated
- 250 g butter, grated and softened
- 125 g cream cheese, softened
- 1 tbsp evaporated milk
- 1/2 large red capsicum / bell pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- In a pan add a small amount of water then add half of the red capsicum, add a pinch of salt and cook it on a stovetop covered over medium heat until tender but not really soft, this will take around 5 minutes.
- Remove capsicum from pan and drain excess liquid, let it cool and chop finely, set it aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine together sharp cheddar cheese, butter, cream cheese and evaporated milk, mix in low speed until well combined.
- Place mixture in a microwavable dish then lightly melt the mixture in 10 second burst until its easily mixed using a spoon, do not melt it fully just warm it to the point it feels spreadable.
- Mix in the chopped capsicum and salt then place in a container that you can cover, chill before serving.