Mushrooms & Pork Ribs Claypot Rice is a type of claypot rice basically is made with soft rib pork, mushrooms, soy sauce and of course rice
Pork and Marinade
- 350 g soft bone spare ribs (the one near the cartilage)
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Chinese cooking wine
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups rice
- 1 cups water
- 1 cup water used for rehydrating mushrooms
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 3 pcs rehydrated dried shiitake mushroom
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- In a bowl mix well all the Pork and Marinade ingredients, let is marinate for 30 minutes.
- Rinse rice in running cold water over a sieve until water is not starchy, drain well.
- Heat claypot then add a thin layer of oil below, let it smoke then add the drained rice, pour water and mushroom water cover and let it boil, once boiling lower the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Place marinated spare ribs on top, then continue to cook in low heat for 15 minutes.
- While the rice is cooking in a sauce pan combine all sauce ingredients together then simmer in low heat for 5 minutes.
- When rice is ready, turn the heat off, do not open the top so heat will not escape, leave it to cook with the residual heat for 10 more minutes.
- Put chopped spring onions on top then drizzle the sauce prior to serving.
Wow! This looks great. And the weather has turned chilly here, so this would be most welcome. Thanks!
Claypot rice! I like and I prefer pork. We only get chicken here. Will have to cook my own, thanks for sharing.
Raymond, actually I bought a clay pot several years ago but have never used it. Your recipe has inspired me to now try it out!