Iceberg Wedge Salad is a type of American salad made with wedge shaped chunks of iceberg lettuce topped with blue cheese dressing and generous amounts of bacon.
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, trimmed and quartered
- 8 pcs streaky bacon, crispy fried then chopped
- 50 g blue cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 small tomatoes, diced
- 1 small red onion, minced
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- freshly ground black pepper
- chives, finely chopped to garnish
- Place onions in a cup then pour vinegar to let it marinate.
- On a separate bowl with a fine sieve on top generously salt the diced tomatoes then set it aside. This will remove any excess liquid from the tomato.
- In a bowl crumb and mash the blue cheese then whisk in mayonnaise, sour cream, buttermilk and lemon. Season with pepper.
- Drain the onions and remove excess liquid on tomatoes, set it aside.
- Arrange iceberg wedges in a plate then top with dressing, sprinkle onions, tomatoes, bacon and chives on top then serve.