Iceberg Wedge Salad
Iceberg Wedge Salad is a type of American salad made with wedge shaped chunks of iceberg lettuce topped with blue cheese dressing and generous amounts of bacon. It’s not a boring salad like most others at it definitely has tons of flavours from the blue cheese, the bacon, mayonnaise and red onions what more can you ask for.
I am not exactly sure what can pair well with this as it’s already a heavy and tasty salad but when we had this a couple of times it was with a grilled fish and a simple steak, how about you do you have suggestions on where to pair this with? Let me know by commenting below.
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, trimmed and quartered
- 8 pcs streaky bacon, crispy fried then chopped
- 50 g blue cheese
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 2 small tomatoes, diced
- 1 small red onion, minced
- ½ cup white wine vinegar
- juice from ½ lemon
- freshly ground black pepper
- chives, finely chopped to garnish
- Place onions in a cup then pour vinegar to let it marinate.
- On a separate bowl with a fine sieve on top generously salt the diced tomatoes then set it aside. This will remove any excess liquid from the tomato.
- In a bowl crumb and mash the blue cheese then whisk in mayonnaise, sour cream, buttermilk and lemon. Season with pepper.
- Drain the onions and remove excess liquid on tomatoes, set it aside.
- Arrange iceberg wedges in a plate then top with dressing, sprinkle onions, tomatoes, bacon and chives on top then serve.