Brisket Grilled Cheese is a type of grilled sandwich filled with slow cooked beef brisket and meting gruyere, cheddar and mozarella cheese.
- 1 kg beef brisket, cubed
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large red onion, sliced thinly
- olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- Season beef brisket with salt and pepper.
- In a pan heat oil and brown beef brisket. Once brown on all sides remove from the pan then set aside.
- Add more oil if needed and caramelize red onions for 10 minutes.
- Place caramelized onions, beef pieces, beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce and garlic in a slow cooker. Cook for 8 hours.
- Remove from slow cooker and shred meat.
- Spread butter on each side of the bread, place butter side down in the pan. Add a layer of gruyere and mozzarella to cover the bread.
- Top it with shredded brisket then put a layer of cheddar and mozzarella on top. Cover the pan and let the cheese melt and the bread toast in very low heat.
- Place another buttered slice of the bread on top, butter side on the outside then carefully flip the sandwiches. Press to lightly flatten out then continue to toast gently for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from pan then using a hand fan, fan the bread so it quickly cools in effect making the outer shell crispy. Cut in half then serve.