Brisket Grilled Cheese
Have you tried something like this? If not you better be as your missing out on one of the best sandwiches ever made. Just imagine tender juicy beef brisket with melting cheese stuffed between two crispy sandwich bread, is it the perfect comfort meal ever.
With this Brisket Grilled Cheese you can use leftover beef brisket or even make your own one the choice is up to you but be sure put loads of cheese in there to get the maximum effect. With our post today I made my own brisket because I don’t want it to have lots of flavour like what you get from barbecue beef brisket, dishes like this for me is reserved for something else as they are very good eaten on its own but for our recipe a simple braised fatty brisket in onions will be the best.
- 1 kg beef brisket, cubed
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large red onion, sliced thinly
- olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- Season beef brisket with salt and pepper.
- In a pan heat oil and brown beef brisket. Once brown on all sides remove from the pan then set aside.
- Add more oil if needed and caramelize red onions for 10 minutes.
- Place caramelized onions, beef pieces, beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce and garlic in a slow cooker. Cook for 8 hours.
- Remove from slow cooker and shred meat.
- Spread butter on each side of the bread, place butter side down in the pan. Add a layer of gruyere and mozzarella to cover the bread.
- Top it with shredded brisket then put a layer of cheddar and mozzarella on top. Cover the pan and let the cheese melt and the bread toast in very low heat.
- Place another buttered slice of the bread on top, butter side on the outside then carefully flip the sandwiches. Press to lightly flatten out then continue to toast gently for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from pan then using a hand fan, fan the bread so it quickly cools in effect making the outer shell crispy. Cut in half then serve.