Kokoda is a Fijian Dish made with fresh raw fish marinated in lemon or lime juice served with coconut cream, diced tomatoes, chillies and salt.
- 500 g trevally, snapper, or tarakihi, sliced into small cubes
- 2 tomatoes, skinned seeded and chopped
- 1 mango, semi-ripe, sliced into small cubes
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 chilli, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- juice from 4 large lemons
- In a non-reactive bowl combine fish and lemon juice from 2 lemons. Cover and chill for at least an hour, mixing it halfway through the process.
- Drain the fish then add the remaining lemon juice. Combine it with tomatoes, mango, red onion, spring onions, chilli and coconut cream, mix to combine then season with a bit of slat and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve chilled.