Fishball Laksa a dish of spicy noodle soup cooked in curry coconut milk served with fish balls, deep fried tofu and boiled eggs.
- 400 g fish balls
- 300 g deep fried tofu
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 1 litre seafood stock
- 100 g beansprouts
- 4 boiled eggs sliced in half
- lime or lemon slices
- thick yellow noodles
- coriander, to garnish
- crispy fried shallots, to garnish
- fish sauce
- Gather all the paste ingredients in a food processor or blender. Blend the ingredients until it forms a paste.
- Cook noodles according to packet instructions.
- In a separate pot add oil and the paste, stir fry for in medium heat until fragrant.
- Add seafood stock, fish balls, fish sauce (according to your taste) and coconut milk then bring to a boil then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Place the noodles in a bowl then pour seafood gravy. Mix in the beansprouts while gravy is hot.
- Top with sliced egg per bowl, deep fried tofu, coriander, crispy fried shallots and freshly squeezed lime juice.