Szechuan Dan Dan Noodles or Dan Dan Mein is one of the popular Sichuanese dishes out there, served on a small bowl this street food is made out of noodles drenched in spicy chilli oil with fried pork mince complemented with roasted peanuts nuts.
- 300 g fresh egg noodles
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- bok choy, blanched
- spring onions, chopped for garnishing
- 1 cup hot chicken soup/stock
- In a wok add oil then add ya-cai and fry for around 4 minutes over medium fire until aromatic. Remove from wok then set aside.
- Add more oil in the wok then fry minced pork until brown and cooked. Push pork to the side then add then add and sauté the ginger, chili powder and garlic.
- Add Chinese cooking wine, sugar and both soy sauce then add back the ya-cai, fry until well combined, mix in the roasted peanuts, sesame oil and chili oil season with salt, then set this aside.
- Cook noodles according to packet instructions.
- Place noodles in small bowls along with the blanched bok choy, top with the minced pork and chopped spring onions. Pour a bit of hot chicken broth then serve.