Jelly slice is a type of dessert commonly found in New Zealand and Australia where it is prepared with three layers consisting of a base of biscuits, a filling made out of custard or cream then topped with a layer of jelly.
- 125 grams digestive biscuits or graham crackers, crushed
- 100 grams butter, melted
- 125 grams cooking chocolates, melted
- 250 grams cream cheese
- 1 tbsp clear gelatine
- 100 grams white chocolate, melted
- 400 g condensed milk
- 2 tbsp boiling water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 85 g strawberry flavoured jelly
- 1 cup boiling water
- In a bowl combine all base ingredients and mix well.
- Prepare and lightly grease a 11 x 7 in (or equivalent) baking dish, put mixed base ingredients and press to flatten base.
- Place in the refrigerator and let it set for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine together gelatine and boiling water, mix well until the gelatine is completely dissolved.
- In a stand mixer add cream cheese and condensed milk, beat until combined. Add lemon juice, melted white chocolate and gelatine mixture, mix well until smooth.
- Pour cream cheese mixture on top of the prepared base, let it set for an hour in the refrigerator.
- In a bowl combine together jelly and boiling water, mix well until the jelly is completely dissolved. Let it cool for a bit then pour on top of set cream cheese mixture. Put it back in the refrigerator and let it set for 3 hours before serving.