Wonton Noodle Soup is a dish of delicate thin noodles in steaming hot soup with shrimp wontons and garnished with leafy vegetables, it a perfect comfort dish to serve during the cold weather.
- 1 kg pork bones
- 1 kg g chicken frames
- 50 g dried shrimps
- 4 pcs thinly sliced sized ginger
- 2 litres water
- 200 g fatty minced pork
- 1/2 cup crispy shallots
- sea salt
- 250 g minced pork, 30% fat
- 250 g shrimps, finely chopped
- 3 strands chives, chopped
- 2 pcs thinly sliced sized ginger, minced
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp Chinese cooking wine
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- white ground pepper
- roughly 25 pcs wonton wrappers
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 250 g thin egg noodles
- spring onions, to garnish
- crispy garlic, to garnish
- In a pot add oil then lightly fry dried shrimps until really fragrant.
- Place the pork bones, chicken frames, ginger, crispy shallots and water into the pot and bring it to a boil, simmer in low heat for 1 hour.
- Separate the soup from the solids by straining the liquid through a fine sieve, add the fatty minced pork then bring it back to a boil. Simmer for 20 more minutes then season with sea salt. Set soup aside.
- In a bowl combine together minced pork, shrimps, chives, ginger, soy sauce, Chinese cooking wine, sesame oil, salt and white ground pepper.
- Place a half spoonful of filling in the centre of the wonton wrappers then brush edges with egg wash and seal. Repeat with the remaining meat mixture. For a complete instruction on how you wrap wontons have a look here.
- Cook wontons in boiling water for around 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from boiling water then set it aside.
Wonton Noodle Soup
- Cook noodles according to packet instructions, place them on serving bowls.
- Pour piping hot soup into the bowls.
- Put wontons on top, garnish with spring onions and crispy garlic then serve while hot.