Miyabi is a Japanese soup dish made out of meat broth infused with onions and mushrooms commonly found on Japanese Steakhouses.
- 1 dozen farmers brown mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 large carrot, roughly chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- crispy fried shallots
- In a pot combine chicken broth, beef broth, carrots, onion and garlic. Bring to a boil then simmer for 30 minutes.
- Discard the solids using a fine sieve or a cheesecloth to have a clear broth. Add the mushrooms and simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Turn heat off then serve topped with spring onions and crispy fried shallots.