Paksiw na pata is a Filipino dish of pork leg and banana blossoms slowly stewed on a sauce made out of soy sauce, vinegar and a bit of sugar.
- In a wok heat up oil then brown pork leg on both sides, remove from wok then set aside.
- Add the garlic and sauté until golden brown and fragrant.
- Add the pork leg back in then pour water together with the soy sauce, half of the vinegar, peppercorn and dried bay leaves. Bring this to a boil then simmer in low heat for 1 1/2 hours or until tender.
- Add the remaining vinegar, sugar and the banana blossoms then continue to simmer for 15 – 20 more minutes.
- Season with salt then serve.